The JBJ Arctica Titanium series aquarium chillers use some of the most advanced technological advancements in chiller design. The custom-engineered JBJ titanium coil maximizes contact for fast temperature pull-down while increasing chilling efficiency. This means the most cooling capacity per amp, which reduces energy costs.
The Arctica Titanium 1/10HP chiller is rated for aquariums up to 130 gallons. The easiest way to determine which chiller size is best for you is by using?JBJ?s chiller calculator.
The corrosion-resistant condenser is located on the front side of the chiller. This configuration draws cool air from the front and exhausts the warm air out of the back. Be sure to leave enough room for the hot air to circulate away from the coils. The built-in thermostat and digital controller will automatically maintain the desired set temperature within /-1?degree?Fahrenheit.
The controller has a bright light LED that can be read day or night. The anti-freezing system prevents the chiller from accidental freeze-ups and damage. The simple two-button control pad is easy to use.
Hoses connect to the chiller by 1/2″, 5/8″ or 3/4″ barbed fittings. You will need to supply a separate?water pump?to circulate the water from the aquarium and into the chiller. The recommended water pump should be rated at 240-960 gallons per hour.
JBJ Arctica chillers are UL-listed and have a two-year warranty.
What we?really?like about the JBJ Arctica 1/10 HP Chiller:
- Simple plug and play installation
- Very quiet and vibration-free
- Easy to read LCD control panel
- Compact size fits anywhere
- Longest warranty ? 2 years!
- Draws only 2.63 amps
JBJ Arctica 1/10 HP Chiller Features:
- Smart memory features re-starts the chiller at the last temperature setting after a power failure
- Integrated thermostat continuously communicates with the digital controller for stable temperature control
- Big, bright LED panel for easy?access?day or night
- No hard?plumbing?is required
- Accommodates three hose sizes; 1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″
- Titanium heat exchanger is a custom-designed to maximize temperature pull-down and efficiency
- No tools needed to clean the coils
- Low vibration/Low noise
- Integrated handles for easy carrying
- Two-year warranty
JBJ Arctica 1/10 HP Chiller Specifications:
- Rating: Aquariums up to 130 gallons
- Horsepower: 1/10HP
- Weight: 44 lbs.
- Voltage: 115V
- Amp draw: 2.63A
- Capacity: 1270 BTU/hr.
- Dimensions: 16.5″ x 9.8″ x 18.5″ (DxWxH)
- Min/Max flow rate: 4/16 gpm
JBJ Arctica Titanium Chiller Comparison
|Model||Item #||Capacity||Compressor||Flow Rate||Refrigerant||Inlet/Outlet||Weight|
|DBA-075||JB1133||40 Gal||1/15 Hp||110-160 GPH||R-134a||1/2″||28.6 lbs|
|DBA-075||JB1111||130 Gal||1/10 Hp||240-960 GPH||R-134a||1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″||44 lbs|
|DBA-150||JB1113||180 Gal||1/5 Hp||480-1320 GPH||R-134a||1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″||49 lbs|
|DBE-200||JB1115||260 Gal||1/4 Hp||480-1920 GPH||R-134a||1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″||51 lbs|
|DBM-250||JB1117||340 Gal||1/3 Hp||480-2400 GPH||R-134a||1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″||61 lbs|
JBJ is a top-of-mind brand name in freshwater and saltwater aquarium supplies. The company is committed to innovation and manufacturing only the absolute highest quality equipment. JBJ?s philosophy is “to create products that provide extra value” to hobbyists. JBJ produces hundreds of aquarium products including lights, filters, heaters, UV sterilizers, wavemakers and top-off systems. The company is best known for their affordable line of Arctica chillers and the best-selling Nano Cube aquarium series. We carry the gamut of JBJ products and accessories and are happy to provide you free?technical support?while you?re setting up your new equipment.